Convene With Confidence
Entertainment and Sporting Events Health ProtocolsTicketing
We encourage all guests coming to an MGM Resorts venue to see a live performance or sporting event to purchase tickets online and have the ticket available on your mobile device. This will help to facilitate contactless admittance into the event. You can purchase tickets directly from our web site.
Due to capacity restrictions and limited tickets, advanced reservations are highly encouraged. If you want to purchase tickets in person, we have taken the necessary precautions to keep you safe. We encourage guests to pick up their tickets at Will Call the day prior to the event if possible.
Please note, if you are at an event at T-Mobile Arena, MGM Grand Garden Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center or Park Theater there will be no Will Call or mail in ticket option. Guests securing a reservation online or through our Contact Center (Park Theater only) will receive directions on how to download their mobile ticket from the ticketing provider.
If visiting a Box Office in person, please keep in mind the following:
- Masks: Please remember to wear your mask when visiting the Box Office and we will do the same. We require all ticketing staff to wear approved face masks that cover their mouth and nose.
- Hand Sanitizer: There will be hand sanitizer located at all of our ticket sales locations for you to use. They will be located on the guest side of the counter as well as in the entry queue lines. We also will ensure that all of our ticketing representatives have access to hand sanitizer on their side of the counter.
- Cleaning: Our ticketing staff will disinfect equipment and counters regularly. We also have increased the frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting in high-touch guest areas.
- Physical Distancing: All our ticketing booths are set with approved physical distancing requirements. We have clearly marked areas for those waiting in line to allow customers to stand six feet apart.
Behind the Scenes
As you will notice extra precautions in guest areas, we have also taken the same precautions behind the stage. Every employee, vendor, athlete and performer working at an MGM event is required to follow the guidelines specified in our Seven-Point Safety Plan. We clearly communicate this during our booking process, and we continue to work closely with our artists and their teams to provide them with a safe and healthy environment to show off their talents.
We also work closely with our performers who are on-stage to make sure they maximize physical spacing between one another. If spacing is not possible, in some situations, you may see barriers installed to minimize transmission—this is for the safety of the performers, our employees and the audience.
Here are a few additional ways we are helping to keep our employees and partners safe:
- Masks: All employees and vendors working at our venues are required to wear masks while they are on property or at a venue. You may notice that some artists are not wearing masks during their performance, as allowed by state and local guidance, but we have other ways to help keep them and you safe, including additional physical distance
- Health Screening: We continue to follow local health regulations for all health screening. As part of our Seven-Point Safety Plan, all employees and vendors, including players and performers, must undergo our employee health screening which includes contactless temperature checks when possible and COVID-19 screening-survey questions each day on arrival to our properties and venues.
- Hand Sanitizer: There will be hand sanitizer throughout all of our backstage areas for our employees, vendors and artists to use.
- Cleaning: We have increased cleaning procedures for all areas of our venues and have identified high-touch areas such as door handles and railings to be cleaned frequently. We also have protocols in place to allow for frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch equipment such as microphones, instruments, hand tools, lifts, radios, props, keys, radios, forklifts, and other equipment between uses.
- Physical Distancing: We have removed all community seating such as benches, tables and booths from behind the stage to allow for physical distancing. We are also working with our vendors to allow extended time to load equipment to allow for physical distancing.
Welcome to the Show
You have downloaded your tickets, have your mask on, and are ready to be entertained. For the safety of all of our employees and guests, masks are mandated throughout our venues and hand sanitizer is readily available.
Here’s what to expect as part of the arrival process:
- Entry: We will be staggering entry to each performance and ushers will be in place to remind guests of physical distancing. Signs will be posted reminding guests to maintain physical distance. Finally, we will have stanchions or floor markings at least six feet apart to further enforce keeping physical distance from other guests.
- Screening: Once guests reach the line to enter the venue, you will notice signs outlining our health and safety protocols which include responding to COVID-19 symptom-related questions.
- Ticket Scanning: All of our venues have a process for contactless ticket scanning.
- Cleaning: We will be thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting each venue before and after each event. High-touch spaces such as door handles and railings will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the event.
- Restroom: To maintain physical distancing, we will limit the number of guests permitted to enter restrooms at the same time. High-touch surfaces such as handles and faucets will be disinfected frequently.
We know that part of the fun of going to a live event is the concessions, so we have implemented protocols to keep you safe and healthy while you enjoy your food and beverages.
- Ordering: To reduce lines and crowds at concession stands, guests are encouraged to use our mobile ordering system (where available) to pre-order and pay for items. For traditional ordering, we encourage all guests to use cashless and digital payment methods.
- Pick-up: Once your food and drinks are ordered, you will be given a designated location to pick up your items. We have set up signs, stanchions and floor markers to remind guests of physical distancing in lines. Ushers will be present to enforce these guidelines. Please note, we will not be able to refill any items during pick-up.
- Cleaning: Hand sanitizer will be available at all concession stands and pick-up areas. Our team will wipe down and disinfect surfaces between guest interactions.
Exiting the Venue
Our team will work closely with producers and show management to create a staggered departure process to provide for physical distancing. Our team of ushers will be available to help escort guests through the process. We will also make announcements to remind guests how to exit the venue and maintain physical distancing. Attendees must keep masks on as they exit the venue. Masks are required to be worn by all guests and employees within MGM Resorts properties.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement these new policies as your health and safety is our top priority. We look forward to welcoming you back to the show!
MGM Resorts is excited to welcome you back to enjoy our world-class entertainment. Our venues and attractions will excite, entertain and thrill you, while keeping you safe. The show will go on in a way only we can do it. We're once again entertaining the human race.