The MGM Resorts Foundation was established in 2002 as an engagement opportunity for employees to contribute to important charitable causes. Since inception, the Foundation has raised more than $100 million and supported more than 1,500 charitable organizations in U.S. communities and locations where MGM conducts business. In 2021 alone, the MGM Resorts Foundation distributed more than $3 million to local organizations.
The MGM Resorts Foundation funds two forms of grants:
- The Employee Emergency Grant benefits MGM Resorts employees.
- The Community Grant benefits local communities and has an application process to request funding. All decisions are made by the Community Grant Council, comprised of a voluntary group of MGM Resorts employees that represent their respective regions.
- Atlantic County, New Jersey
- Northeast Ohio
- Southern Mississippi/Louisiana
- Southern Nevada
- Washington Metropolitan Area
- Westchester and Bronx Counties, New York
- Western Massachusetts