The following rules (referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) form the basis of participation in the MGM Resorts International (“MGM”) MGM Rewards Program (“MGM Rewards” or the “Program”). Your participation in this Program will be governed by these Terms and Conditions. You also agree to provide personal information in exchange for participation in the MGM Rewards program. It is your responsibility to read these Terms and Conditions so that you understand the Program’s rules and benefits and your responsibilities under the Program. Your enrollment as a member of the MGM Rewards Program and/or your use of your MGM Rewards card constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of, and agreement to the Program’s Terms and Conditions.
1. Subject to applicable law and MGM company policies and practices, MGM Rewards membership generally is available to any person 21 years of age or older with valid, government-issued photo identification. Types of valid photo identification include Driver’s License, Passport, State Identification Cards or Military Identification. Eligible individuals may enroll in the MGM Rewards Program at certain MGM websites, via certain MGM mobile applications, at an MGM Rewards desk location (or at another designated or approved MGM Rewards location, sportsbook location, race and sports location or other location) at participating MGM Rewards destinations (each such desk and other designated or MGM-approved location are referred to herein as an “MGM Rewards station”), via a participating BetMGM gaming platform (e.g., mobile application or website), or as otherwise authorized by MGM. MGM Rewards enrollment and membership can only be activated by presentation of valid, government-issued photo identification at an MGM Rewards station at participating MGM Rewards destinations or as otherwise authorized by MGM. An MGM Rewards card (the “Card”) may be issued to each MGM Rewards member, and an associated MGM Rewards account created, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2. Only individual persons are eligible for MGM Rewards Program membership; corporations or other entities cannot become MGM Rewards members. All eligible individuals may generally enroll in the MGM Rewards Program, including immediate family members of MGM employees (as defined in MGM internal policy) and individuals who reside in the same household as MGM employees subject to certain restrictions involving wagering and participation in certain promotions. Each MGM Rewards member is responsible for complying with applicable laws. If participating in the Program would result in a member violating any law, rule, regulation, or order, then the member is ineligible to participate.
3. Up to two (2) eligible MGM Rewards members residing at the same address may link accounts to share certain MGM Rewards benefits. Both members must be present with valid, government-issued photo identification at an MGM Rewards station to link accounts. Either member may request that a link be removed from his/her account in person at an MGM Rewards station with valid, government-issued photo identification. MGM Rewards Cards, MGM Rewards accounts, Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, Tier Credits and/or benefits cannot otherwise be combined among members, their estates, successors or assigns. Neither accrued MGM Rewards Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, or Tier Credits, nor MGM Rewards benefits are transferable by a member (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) by operation of law.
4. Each member is responsible for selecting a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN) for his/her account as well as online log-in credentials (whether accessed through a personal computer or mobile device, our websites, or other authorized electronic means), and for keeping the PIN and log-in credentials secure. Each member is responsible for all transactions on his/her account when his/her confidential PIN or log-in credentials are used.
5. A member is required to present valid, government-issued photo identification bearing the same name as stated on his/her MGM Rewards Card when requesting that his/her confidential PIN be reset or changed.
6. Duplicate MGM Rewards Cards will be issued to a member with proper identification. Neither the MGM Rewards Program nor MGM is responsible for lost or stolen MGM Rewards Cards. The number of concurrently active Cards may be subject to limits set by MGM.
7. Except as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, a member may not transfer, sell, purchase, trade or barter an MGM Rewards Card, MGM Rewards account, Slot Dollars, complimentaries (“comps”), MGM Rewards Points, FREEPLAY® offers, food and beverage offers, entertainment offers, Tier Credits or any membership benefit to another individual. Violators of this rule are subject to termination of MGM Rewards Program membership and forfeiture of rewards including, but not limited to, accumulated Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, Tier Credits and/or benefits, and may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including any Program attorneys’ fees incurred in enforcing this rule.
8. MGM Resorts International is a member of the American Gaming Association and adheres to its Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming. Persons who are currently entered into the MGM Resorts International self-limit program or state-sponsored self-exclusion programs in Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or in any other jurisdiction where MGM Resorts or BetMGM may operate in the future (or who are otherwise prohibited from participating by applicable law) are not eligible for membership in the MGM Rewards Program.
MGM Rewards Card Usage
10. MGM Rewards benefits are based on a member’s expenditures for gaming play and/or certain non-gaming purchases including, but not limited to, those at participating MGM Rewards destinations with presentation or use of a member’s MGM Rewards Card, and/or expenditures for gaming play using a BetMGM gaming account linked to a member’s MGM Rewards account, and/or may be obtained based on certain activities and/or transactions through certain BetMGM gaming platforms, and/or other promotional offers. Questions about the eligibility of earning Tier Credits and MGM Rewards Points for specific non-gaming purchases should be directed to the MGM Rewards desk at the participating MGM Rewards destination for the practice of that resort. Questions about the eligibility of earning Tier Credits for specific BetMGM bets or wagers, and questions about certain activities and/or transactions involving a BetMGM gaming platform should be directed to BetMGM Customer Services.
11. To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, MGM Rewards Points, and Slot Dollars for electronic gaming activity, each MGM Rewards member is responsible for properly inserting his/her MGM Rewards Card into a slot machine, video lottery terminal (VLT), electronic table game (ETG), or other authorized device prior to play.
12. To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances, including, but not limited to Tier Credits and MGM Rewards Points, through the BetMGM platform, members are responsible for ensuring their BetMGM account is linked to their MGM Rewards account. Please contact Member Services if assistance is required.
13. To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits and MGM Rewards Points at certain participating MGM Rewards destinations, members must present their MGM Rewards Card to a table games pit supervisor prior to table games play. MGM Rewards members must satisfy minimum betting requirements to be rated for table games. Please see a table games pit supervisor at participating MGM Rewards destinations for such assistance.
14. To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits for eligible non-gaming purchases at participating MGM Rewards destinations, each member is responsible for presenting his/her MGM Rewards Card at the point of sale. Members may earn Tier Credits by associating their MGM Rewards account number to their hotel folio by contacting the Front Desk and subsequently charging purchases to their hotel folio. However, MGM Rewards Cards are not credit cards.
15. An MGM Rewards member may not accrue MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, MGM Rewards Points, and Slot Dollars and/or “comps” or any other membership benefits if his/her MGM Rewards Card is used by another individual.
Redemption of Benefits and Rewards
16. Members may earn Tier Credits during the applicable Tier Status Earning Year which annually begins January 1 and ends December 31 (unless otherwise indicated by MGM). On each January 1, all Tier Credit balances from the prior year reset to zero (0) and a new Tier Status Earning Year begins. Subject to promotional offers and MGM discretion, Tier Credits accumulated during a Tier Status Earning Year determine a member’s Tier Status for the following Tier Status Benefit Year which annually begins February 1 and ends January 31 (unless otherwise indicated by MGM). In the sole discretion of management, special offers and promotions may be offered to certain members whereby the applicable Tier Status, Tier Status Earning Year and/or Tier Status Benefit Year of such members (and persons with linked accounts to such members, if applicable) are set for less than one year and/or may be subject to certain other limitations or requirements. The types of benefits and rewards (“Tier Benefits”) that are available to a member during a Tier Status Benefits Year are based on that member’s Tier Status during that Tier Status Benefits Year.
In addition, a member may advance to one or more higher Tier Status at any time during a given Tier Status Earning Year if the member has earned and/or accumulated the minimum amount of Tier Credits required for such higher Tier Status(s) (as identified by MGM and listed on its MGM Rewards Program website). A member who advances to a higher Tier Status(s) in this manner will retain such higher Tier Status(s) for the remainder of the current Tier Status Benefit Year and the entirety of the following Tier Status Benefit Year. For example, if a member at Sapphire Tier Status advances to the Pearl Tier Status in October 2023, that member would maintain the Pearl Tier Status for the remainder of 2023, all of 2024, and through February 1, 2025 (subject to subsequent Tier Status advancements, if any, as provided herein). Tier Benefits (as identified by MGM including those Tier Benefits (and any applicable limitations) listed on its MGM Rewards Program website) are available to members of the corresponding Tier Status on the date on which a member has earned and/or accumulated the Tier Credits required for such Tier Status.
17. For members at Sapphire Tier status only, a member’s accumulated Slot Dollars and MGM Rewards Points may be subject to forfeiture if the member’s MGM Rewards account does not reflect any activity (which means earning Slot Dollars or earning Tier Credits) for a period of six (6) months . For members at Tier status of Pearl and above, a member’s accumulated Slot Dollars or MGM Rewards Points are not subject to forfeiture due to account inactivity. MGM Rewards Points may not be earned, nor are they redeemable, at certain casinos, resorts, and properties of MGM or for certain activities and/or purchases. For example, regulations and other legal requirements in Michigan, New York, and Ohio may restrict the earning and/or redemption of MGM Rewards Points for alcohol products in those jurisdictions. MGM Rewards Points may only be acquired via certain BetMGM gaming platforms in limited situations, but are not redeemable on any BetMGM gaming platform.
18. A member may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification bearing the same name as stated on his/her MGM Rewards Card in order to redeem rewards, including MGM Rewards Points or Slot Dollars and/ or “comps” or receive tier benefits.
19. MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, MGM Rewards Points, and Slot Dollars and “comps” have no cash value.
20. Tier Credits may not be converted to Slot Dollars, FREEPLAY, or MGM Rewards Points. MGM Rewards Points may not be converted to Slot Dollars. MGM reserves the right to permit BetMGM Rewards Points (which are available on certain BetMGM gaming platforms) to be converted to MGM Rewards Points.
21. Redemption and/or usage of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, MGM Rewards Points, Slot Dollars, and FREEPLAY, “comps”, or tier benefits or MGM Rewards Moments by a member is subject to limitations determined in the sole discretion of management, including, but not limited to, limitations listed on the MGM Rewards Program website. Members with Tier status of Sapphire, Pearl, Gold, and Platinum are limited to a balance of $5,000 in MGM Rewards Points and those Members with NOIR Tier status are limited to a balance of $10,000 in MGM Rewards Points. Once a member reaches the applicable balance limit, no additional MGM Rewards Points will be awarded for activities that would otherwise result in MGM Rewards Points being awarded. A member will resume receiving MGM Reward Points (up to the applicable balance limit) for only those activities that occur once the member’s MGM Rewards Points balance is below the applicable balance limit. For linked accounts, the individual balances of both members will be combined to determine whether the applicable balance limit has been reached, and the above limitations will apply to both members as if they were a single member.
22. MGM Rewards members who qualify for gaming-related allowance programs (i.e., those that may result in reduction of a member’s gaming indebtedness) are not eligible to earn MGM Rewards Points. Further, allowances received by a member, at the sole and absolute discretion of management, may be applied to reduce a member’s accumulated MGM Rewards Points and/or Slot Dollars balance.
23. MGM Rewards members who generate high level amounts of gaming activity in table games are subject to exclusion from earning any MGM Rewards Points. Subject to management discretion based on the table games gaming profile of individual members, high level amount of gaming activity is defined as gaming activity spend starting at $25,000 per trip or visit. Management will notify MGM Rewards members with high levels of table gaming activity when they are no longer eligible to earn any MGM Rewards Points.
24. Members whose gaming-related indebtedness remains unpaid for a period of at least sixty (60) days after incurrence, may have the member’s accumulated MGM Rewards Points and/or Slot Dollars balance forfeited at the sole and absolute discretion of management.
25. Any tax liability resulting from the accumulation or use of MGM Rewards Program benefits is the obligation of the MGM Rewards member.
26. Points earned through the use of the MGM Rewards Mastercard are “MGM Mastercard Points”. MGM Mastercard Points may be redeemed for Slot Dollars or MGM Rewards Points. Redeem MGM Rewards Points by visiting the MGM Rewards desk or other designated or approved MGM Rewards locations.
General Program Conditions
27. Violation of the terms and conditions of the MGM Rewards Program, including fraud, misrepresentation, misuse of a Card or an MGM Rewards account to manipulate accumulation of rewards or misuse of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Slot Dollars, FREEPLAY and/or MGM Rewards Points by a member, or other improper conduct as determined by management, or if the member has been barred from the resort(s) or from gaming play by the management for business reasons that management determines are appropriate, may subject the member, without limitation, to termination of MGM Rewards Program membership, demotion of the member’s account status, forfeiture of all of the member’s benefits including, but not limited to, accumulated Slot Dollars, Tier Credits, Tier benefits, FREEPLAY and/or MGM Rewards Points and/or appropriate administrative and/or legal action by MGM or applicable governmental authorities. In addition, MGM reserves the rights to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including its attorneys’ fees incurred in prosecuting or defending any lawsuit related hereto.
28. Membership in the Program and accumulation of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, MGM Rewards Points, and Slot Dollars and/or benefits do not confer any enforceable contract or vested property rights with respect to Program benefits.
Changes to the MGM Rewards Program
29. MGM Rewards members acknowledge and agree that MGM Rewards membership and its benefits are provided at the discretion of management. Management reserves the right to unilaterally change, amend, suspend, cancel or terminate any aspect of the MGM Rewards Program, its benefits and/or its Terms and Conditions in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice for any or no reason. This means that management in its sole discretion may at any time, among other things, (1) amend, modify or withdraw any of the MGM Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, (2) cancel, revoke, forfeit or change any member’s membership status, Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, Tier Credits, Program benefits and/or promotions, (3) change the value of accumulated or future Slot Dollars, point multipliers, Tier Credits, MGM Rewards Points or benefits, (4) adjust Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, FREEPLAY or Tier Credit balances and/or otherwise restrict the continued availability of awards, benefits, special offers or promotions, and/or (5) forfeit any MGM Rewards loyalty balances not yet redeemed for reasons management deems appropriate (such as, but not limited to, technical malfunction, error, or any of the listed items in Rule 24 and/or Rule 27 above). Management may make one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect a member’s comps, MGM Rewards Points or ability to use accumulated Slot Dollars or receive accrued benefits. Management will make reasonable efforts to notify MGM Rewards members of general Program changes that may adversely alter, diminish, forfeit or terminate members’ benefits at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of such changes by posting notice on the MGM Rewards Program site that changes have been made, except where the termination or adjustment of member benefits is based on the matters described in Rule 24 and/or Rule 27 above as determined in the sole judgment of management, in which case the changes may result without notice to the member(s). In addition, management may (in its sole discretion) provide notice of such changes through other means (e.g., by email or mail to the address associated with a member’s MGM Rewards account).
30. The MGM Rewards Program is not responsible for products or services offered by third parties that may participate in benefits, offers or special promotions provided to members.
31. DISPUTES, ARBITRATION, AND CLASS ACTION/JURY WAIVER.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY—IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
All decisions concerning the interpretation and application or administration of MGM Rewards Program and its Terms and Conditions are within the sole discretion of management and any dispute regarding the accumulation of Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points or Tier Credits maintained in an MGM Rewards account, and/or the forfeiture of Slot Dollars, MGM Rewards Points, Tier Credits, Tier benefits or other MGM Rewards benefits will be reviewed by management. Management’s decision in any dispute will be final and binding subject to regulatory approval as required under applicable law. By enrolling in the MGM Rewards Program and/or using your Card, all members acknowledge that such applicable regulatory authority may have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes pertaining to the MGM Rewards Program. The courts of the state of the MGM Rewards resort where the dispute arose may have exclusive jurisdiction to review any regulatory decision made concerning an MGM Rewards dispute.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH BELOW, ALL MEMBERS AGREE WITH MGM TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ONLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. ARBITRATION USES A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR INSTEAD OF A JUDGE OR JURY. IT ALSO ALLOWS FOR MORE LIMITED DISCOVERY THAN IN COURT. AN ARBITRATION DECISION IS SUBJECT TO VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY COURTS. MEMBERS MAY CHOOSE TO BE REPRESENTED BY A LAWYER IN ARBITRATION OR PROCEED WITHOUT ONE. EACH MEMBER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEY ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN COURT, OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. EACH MEMBER ALSO UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEY ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY DECIDE THEIR CLAIM OR TO COMMENCE, PARTICIPATE IN, OR RECOVER THROUGH A CLASS, COLLECTIVE, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION FOR ANY DISPUTE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS AGREEMENT. MGM AND ALL MEMBERS ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
A. Scope of Agreement to Arbitrate; Venue; JAMS Arbitration: Except for (1) claims submitted to small claims court and (2) claims that relate to gaming debts, or that fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant state’s gaming board, commission, or similar body, any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the MGM Rewards Program; these MGM Rewards Program Terms or Conditions; any Member activity at any MGM property; any products or services provided by MGM or that a Member receives from MGM; any advertising for any such products or services; any efforts to collect amounts a Member may owe MGM for such products or services; any dispute with any MGM employees, agents, independent contractors, or vendors; and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of the MGM Program Terms and Conditions, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this Agreement to Arbitrate, shall be determined by binding arbitration before one neutral arbitrator in Clark County, Nevada unless JAMS Rules require another location. Also, the parties may agree or the arbitrator may decide to conduct the arbitration over the telephone, using video conferencing, or other remote technology.