From bachelor parties to birthday bashes, huge conferences to music festival crowds, Las Vegas is no stranger to hosting and entertaining large groups. And if you’re looking for the perfect family reunion destination, look no further!
While Sin City might make some think of — more adult-centered activities — when it comes to family reunion ideas, Las Vegas offers plenty for everyone in your group. We’ve got indoor amusement parks and arcades for the kids, thrilling rollercoasters and rides for the teenagers, and acrobatic shows for the entire family.
Intrigued yet? Let’s get to planning!
Selecting and Booking Your Hotel
There are so many options for hotels and resorts around Las Vegas, the task can seem overwhelming sometimes. All major hotels will have a guest services department that will be happy to help you along the way — especially if you’re bringing a large group to their business! The concierge services at the MGM Grand, for example, can assist with setting up babysitting services and photography, recommending activities for cheap, booking transportation, and other special requests.
Once you’ve chosen a hotel, you’ll want to consider your room situation: do you want to book a few suites, or separate rooms? If you opt for separate rooms, you may want to look into reserving hotel blocks, to ensure everyone in the group is close by. Suites, on the other hand, are a great option if you’d like more space for sleeping, cooking, relaxing, and hanging out together.
Las Vegas Activities
If your group is adults-only, consider the entire Strip your playground! For those with kids, here are some of the family activities Las Vegas has to offer:
New York New York:
- Big Apple Rollercoaster: Upgrade your roller coaster experience with VR goggles! This white-knuckle ride high above The Strip combines speed with advanced, immersive graphics, resulting in a 4D experience that’s out of this world.
- The Park: Explore this immersive outdoor dining and entertainment district. Whether you’re looking for a spot to gather with family or to grab a quick bite before an epic show, The Park offers something for everyone.
- Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat: Come face-to-face with some of nature's most exotic and majestic creatures. Explore and play in an enchanting world of Bottlenose Dolphins, White Tigers, White Lions and Leopards, right in our backyard.
- Terry Fator: Backed by a live band, Fator wows audiences nightly with singing, comedy and unparalleled celebrity impressions through his hilarious range of characters.
- The Beatles LOVE by Cirqu du Soleil: With 360º seating, this performance tells a unique story from every angle, while a three-time Grammy winning soundtrack sets the backdrop for thrilling aerial acrobatics, colorful new imagery and reimagined choreography.
- Jabbawockeez: This show mesmerizes and entertains with its dynamic mix of awe-inspiring choreography, pulse-pounding music, and stunning special effects.
- Top Golf: This four-level entertainment venue with interactive golf games and balls that score themselves. It features climate-controlled hitting bays, hundreds of HDTVs, a pool, delicious food and more.
- LEVEL UP: This tech-savvy, adult playground, offers pool, bowling, ping pong, and a unique number of old school games such as Giant Pac-Man, Connect Four, an arm-wrestling table and much more.
- Mandalay Bay Beach: Explore this 11-acre aquatic playground that invites you to sun, swim, splash and soak. Ride tides in the wave pool. Flow with the Lazy River. Lounge in a lagoon and catch some shade in a convenient cabana.
- Shark Reef Aquarium: See more than 2,000 animals, feed our stingrays, dive with exotic sharks and get up close and personal with our gentle giants, the sea turtle.
- Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil: See an electrifying fusion of acrobatics, dance and visuals immersing the audience into the world of Michael's music.
- Ultimate 4-D Experience: Join your favorite characters as they go on adventures and experience thrilling special effects that will place you right in the middle of the action
- Fun Dungeon: Visit this world-famous Excalibur arcade, where you can test your skills on a variety of your favorite games or try out one of the latest arcade games.
- Tournament of Kings: Get tickets for Las Vegas’ ultimate dinner and a show experience. While knights fight, guests feast on a hearty three-course meal using the original utensil – their hands.