WHY MEET IN LAS VEGAS?
Doing business right is more important now than ever and Las Vegas meetings and conventions have a proven record of success. A top destination for meetings and conventions for years, Las Vegas has more meeting, tradeshow and convention space and hotel rooms in a concentrated area than any other destination in the world, providing the perfect infrastructure for doing business.
While the economy may be putting a squeeze on business travel and meeting and convention bookings, the fact remains that sometimes, to do business right, travel is a necessity. Face-to-face meetings have the highest return-on-investment among all sales and marketing tools used in business. So when travel is the ticket, keeping expenditures cost effective becomes the #1 priority. Here are just a few reasons why doing business in Las Vegas today makes good business sense every day:
- Rates - It's a great time to stay in Las Vegas. Room rates are lower than they have been in years and that translates straight back to the pocketbook for business travelers. Decreased cost also results in increased attendance for meeting and convention groups.
- Dates - Las Vegas has the capacity, both in rooms and meeting venues, to handle many simultaneous groups, unlike some cities where one group fills all the available space. This means the odds of securing first-choice dates are always better.
- Budget - Las Vegas has an expansive variety of hotel and meeting offerings to fit every budget - from economy to luxury.
- Cost-Effective Travel - With more than 100 non-stop flights from cities all over the country, the cost to get to Vegas is often more economical than other major convention cities. In addition, with an airport located just off The Strip and everything in Las Vegas so close at hand (often as close as inside your own hotel) the cost to get around and be where you need to be is often minimized. Let's not forget FREE PARKING!
- Increased Attendance - Research shows that when a convention moves to Las Vegas from another destination, attendance increases approximately 14 percent. Attendees also spend between two to five hours more time in the scheduled activities and the delegates who attend in Las Vegas are more often the key decision makers who can decide business on the spot. A more effective meeting is a more cost efficient meeting every time.
- Value - Vegas offers a first-rate product. A room booked here for a similar rate in a different city is often newer, larger and features valuable business amenities, like high-speed, wireless Internet. Meeting space comes complete with built-in technology and audio/video services diminishing the need for additional costs and offering more value for each dollar spent.
- Award-Winning Service - Las Vegas is a city built on service. No matter how low the rate or how great the dates, if the product and service are sub-standard it impacts the quality of business. A 24-hour city that prides itself on fulfilling every need creates an environment ideal for doing business right.
- Las Vegas Continues Convention Reign - Las Vegas remains the No. 1 trade show destination according to the "2010 TSNN 250 US Trade Shows" list of largest shows, ranked by net square feet of exhibit space. The list marks the seventeenth consecutive year Las Vegas has been the top destination. Sixty of the 250 largest shows in North America chose Southern Nevada, putting 32 percent of the total exhibit space on the list in Las Vegas. The next two destinations on the list hosted 47 shows combined, with Orlando hosting 25 and Chicago hosting 22.
(TSNN news release, March 22, 2011)