Las Vegas is home to some of the most world-renowned live entertainment acts. From death-defying acrobats, to once-in-a-lifetime musical acts, to magic shows that boggle the mind…there really is something for everyone to experience, and enjoy. Top-notch performances can be found around every corner and we want to help you pick the must-see, best shows in Vegas.
What is the best show to see in Las Vegas? Well, you really can’t go wrong touring The Strip’s vast array of life-changing (yes - we said life-changing) live shows, but we know a few standouts that are guaranteed to blow your hair back, and we mean that in the best possible way. Here are a few “must-see” Vegas acts you won’t want to miss.
Cirque du Soleil
At the top of every discerning Las Vegas traveler’s list of things to do is “experience at least one Cirque du Soleil performance.” These electrifying shows feature a mix of acrobats, synchronized swimmers, aerialists, divers and dancers, set to stunning visuals and music for an experience that can only be compared to a dream. Depending on your mood, here are a few top-rated Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas:
- “O” at the Bellagio – The best of Cirque du Soleil mixes with water in this aquatic tapestry of artistry, surrealism and theatrical romance. Set in a magnificent theatre reminiscent of a European opera house, this timeless production now performing seven days a week, features acrobats performing both in and above the water.
- KÀ at the MGM Grand – This masterpiece in storytelling depicts an epic tale of twins on a perilous journey using mind-bending acrobatics, fierce martial arts, blazing pyrotechnics and jaw-dropping aerial adventures.
- Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay – An electrifying fusion of acrobatics, dance and visuals that illustrates the dynamic showmanship of the King of Pop. Immerse yourself into the world that is Michael’s music during this special performance.
- The Beatles LOVE at Mirage – With 360º seating, The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil tells a unique story from every angle, while a three-time Grammy winning soundtrack sets the backdrop for thrilling aerial acrobatics, colorful new imagery and reimagined choreography.
- Zumanity at New York-New York – This seductive twist on reality makes for a night you won’t soon forget.
David Copperfield is not your average rabbit-in-the-hat, saw-a-lady-in-half magic show…far from that, in fact. Hailed as the "greatest illusionist of our time", David Copperfield brings his legendary showman skills to the MGM Grand in a performance that confounds and delights with his unbelievable illusions and charming stories.
With over 50 mind-blowing illusions packed into a 70-minute Vegas extravaganza, internationally renowned magician Hans Klok brings his award-winning, world-class magic to Excalibur Hotel & Casino with his new production, “Hans Klok: The World’s Fastest Magician.” In a brand-new state-of-the-art, immersive showroom, prepare to be mesmerized in this family-friendly, fun-for-all-ages, magical adventure.
Shin Lim: LIMITLESS redefines the way close-up magic is presented by performing carefully self-choreographed routines rather than pretending to defy the laws of physics. Combining dexterity, precision and grace, he has distilled a lifetime of training into a devious display of dancing digits. His mind-boggling finger moves are so masterful, the audience is left wondering if what they have seen is truly possible.
Switch things up during your stay by experiencing a few unconventional acts from the mesmerizing hip-hop dance crew, Jabbawockeez. Best known for being the winners of the first season of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew, Jabbawockeez lights up the MGM Grand stage with its dynamic mix of innovative choreography, pulse-pounding music, and stunning special effects.
Originally formed in 1991, the famous Blue Man Group is comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party all rolled into one. This multi-sensory, outrageous experience brings the group’s new music, design and technology to Luxor. For a colorful, euphoric celebration of life that you’ll never forget, be sure to add this one to your list.
The “America‘s Got Talent“ winner Terry Fator captures the hearts and funny bones of audiences from around the world with Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment. With comedic banter and amazing vocal impressions of musical superstars such as Garth Brooks, Dean Martin, Aretha Franklin, Lady Gaga and more, Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment is a one-of-a-kind experience, only at The Mirage.
Music & Sports Events
In the mood for a headlining artist? A fast-paced sports game? Head over to the T-Mobile Arena located just west of the famed Las Vegas Strip. Opened in April 2016, this brand-new sports and entertainment venue is home to the Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL and has already featured various notable musical acts including The Rolling Stones, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and KISS.
Las Vegas entertainment gets intimate at Park Theater at Park MGM. Get closer to the stars than you ever thought possible as you immerse yourself in an audio-visual revolution. Home to extended engagement performances from top names including Cher, Aerosmith, Janet Jackson, and Lady Gaga, this is a venue you need to experience to believe.
Thirsty for More?
These performances and events are top-rated the world over, but only scratch the surface of the various live acts you can find in Las Vegas. As a wise man/woman once said, “fill your life with experiences, not things…have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” For thrilling, awe-inspiring, life-changing stories, book your tickets to one, or all of these shows for your next vacation to Las Vegas.
Similar articles you might like
- All Eyes on Park Theater
- Las Vegas Shows for Adults
- Shows, Attractions and Events in Las Vegas for Kids
- Experience Virtual Reality at The Big Apple Coaster
- The Hottest Nightclubs in Las Vegas
Posted under: Entertainment