President and Acting CEO Bill Hornbuckle In A Video Message to MGM Colleagues
Las Vegas, March 26, 2020 – MGM Resorts International President and Acting CEO Bill Hornbuckle addressed employees on the state of the Company today in a video message.
Closed for the Moment
We find ourselves in unprecedented and challenging times. On behalf of all of us at MGM Resorts, please know that our hope is for the health and safety of you and your loved ones. While we look forward to getting back to the business of entertaining you soon, right now we are singularly focused on the well-being of our employees and our visitors from around the world.
In the coming weeks you may have travel plans you are considering and we are sure you have many questions. We hope these answers will be helpful to you in that process.
Until we see you again, please follow the guidelines set forth by our health and public officials. If we all do our part, we will be able to reopen soon and welcome you back to our properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why did you close your properties?
- This is a time of uncertainty across our country and the world. We all must do our part to curtail the spread of the coronavirus.
- We plan to reopen as soon as it safe to do so and will continue to support our employees, guests and communities in every way we can during this period of closure.
Q: What are my options if I’ve already booked my trip for dates between now and April 30?
- Reservations for stays between now and April 30 will be automatically canceled and fully refunded. No action is required by the guest. The cancelation will occur automatically and guests will be notified through email about their refund.
Q: When can I rebook? When are you reopening?
- MGM Resorts is currently taking reservations starting for arrivals May 1st. Because the safety and health of our employees and guests is our top priority, we will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.
M life Rewards Program FAQs
Q. Since I’m not able to come in and visit and earn Tier Credits when your resorts are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 Virus, will there be any modifications to the program this year so that I can still achieve my tier status?
- We are committed to helping you achieve your M life Rewards Tier Status and will be adjusting our 2020 program. Given how quickly the current COVID-19 situation is changing, and our first priority being the safety and health of our guests and employees, we are not prepared to make any specific announcements at this time. Be assured though, we will share details as soon as they are finalized.
Q. I’m concerned my Points and / or Express Comps will expire because I’m not able to visit when you are closed. What should I do?
- We don’t want you to miss out on redeeming any Points or Express Comps that may expire during the closures. As a result, we have suspended Point and Express Comp expirations through September 30, 2020.
Q. I have offers that are valid right now during the time that you are closed. Will those be honored after you reopen? What about those that I miss?
- Certain M life Rewards offers like promotions, events and entertainment, will expire or be cancelled during the time we are closed. We are working on rescheduling these and other offers and will communicate new dates to you soon. For FREEPLAY®, FreeBet, SLOT DOLLARS®, gifts and other offers valid during the closure, please know that we are building exciting new offers for you to enjoy once we reopen. Be on the lookout for these in the coming days in your mailbox and inbox.
Win Loss Statement
We realize that the temporary closure of our M life Properties may cause an inconvenience for those looking to gather the required documents needed to file your taxes this tax season. Here are a few FAQs and quick and easy steps to help you through this time.
Q. I need to file my taxes and I typically get my Win / Loss Statement from the M life Desk. How can I get this during the closure?
- Getting your Win / Loss statement online is easy and available 24/7/365 at mgmresorts.com. Simply sign-in to your M life Rewards account and navigate to “Win/Loss”. Select the time period you would like to view. Your Win/Loss (Tax) Information Statement will automatically update based on your selection. Select “Print Win/Loss Info” for a printable form.
Q. If I don’t have an M life account online, how do I create one?
- Creating an account online is easy. Visit mgmresorts.com and click on the Activate M life Rewards Account. Make sure you have your email address and M life Rewards account number handy. Enter your birthdate and click ACTIVATE M LIFE REWARDS ACCOUNT.
Q. If I still have questions, who can I contact while you are closed?
- You may contact our M life Rewards Member Services team at 866.761.7111 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: I have SLOT DOLLARS ® I earned through playing slots at Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa which are due to expire while you are closed. What should I do?
- Due to Borgata’s mandated closure, and to give you the opportunity to use your SLOT DOLLARS ® at Borgata once we reopen, no earned SLOT DOLLARS ® will expire from your account through July 31st, 2020.
Q: I recently played slots at an MGM Resorts property and kept my voucher / ticket to redeem at my next visit. It is due to expire while your properties are closed. Will you extend the expiration?
- We understand the impact the closures have and don’t want you to miss out on redeeming your voucher / ticket. We are actively working toward a solution and will share details as soon as they are finalized.
Gaming Customer Transactions FAQs
Q. Can I cash in winning Race & Sports and Pari-Mutuel tickets and vouchers?
- Yes, please refer to the back of your ticket or voucher for mail-in instructions.
Q. Can I cash in Slot Machine vouchers?
- Slot Machine vouchers are valid for redemption in-person for 180 days from date of issuance. Slot Machine vouchers may also be cashed in via mail during our temporary closure. Send your Slot Machine voucher(s) by registered mail to:
MGM Resorts International Race and Sports Book
P.O. Box 77715
Las Vegas, NV 89177-7715
To ensure proper payment of your mail-in Slot Machine voucher(s), please include the following information:
- Full Name
- Zip Code
- M life Rewards account number (if available)
Q. How can I cash in my casino chips?
- Casino chips may only be redeemed in-person upon the reopening of our casinos.
Q. How do I withdraw my front money or IPT wagering account funds on deposit with your Casino Cage?
- Withdrawal requests should be made via email to CorporateCage@mgmresorts.com. Once the request is received, you will be provided the appropriate forms to process your withdrawal on deposit.
Q. Can I cash in winning Keno tickets?
- Yes, please refer to the back of your ticket for mail-in instructions.
Q. Can I withdraw my BetMGM wagering account funds on deposit?
- Yes, utilize the Pay-Plus instructions on your BetMGM app.