Focused on What Matters
We cultivate relationships with various community partners and suppliers to support the development of local and diverse businesses. Since 2003, we have required minority and women participation in all biddable commodity purchases exceeding $3,000.
Supplier Diversity Mentorship Program
We created the Supplier Diversity Mentorship Program to highlight areas of business development for emerging diverse suppliers currently conducting business with MGM Resorts. The goal is to provide suppliers with guidance and resources from subject matter experts to enhance their business operations and position them to compete in the corporate supply chain.
- Develop lasting relationships with MGM Resorts executives, partners and certified suppliers.
- Transfer of valuable business knowledge and expertise.
- Expansion of business networks
Oyster Shell Recycling
Founded at MGM National Harbor in 2016, our oyster shell recycling program collects oyster half-shells needed to restore the oyster population in the Chesapeake Bay. At the Hooper’s Island Oyster Company hatchery, each half-shell becomes home to an average of ten baby oysters, or spat. As the spat mature, the shells are transplanted into sanctuary oyster beds in the bay that are reserved for restoration of the ecosystem. Each shell’s journey from restaurant to reef takes more than a year of hard work and collaboration.
Through MGM Resort’s oyster recovery program, which plants oyster shells from our resorts in the Chesapeake Bay, we have diverted enough oyster shells from landfill to grow over 16 million baby oysters, more than 10 times the number we serve at our restaurants annually.
MGM Springfield Supplier Diversity In Action
From the earliest days of the project’s development to long after opening day, we committed to supporting a diverse workforce. As MGM Springfield prepared to open in 2018, we worked to ensure that our construction partners and employees reflect the diversity of the local community and our future customers.
- Convened the Construction Diversity Task Force, a group of community representatives to support minority owned companies and advance diversity in construction careers
- Founded the Community Partners Network (CPN), to help provide workers with training and certifications
- Established the Apprentice Sponsorship Program which required each contractor to include at least 15 full-time apprentices who were women, minorities or veterans
- Opened the Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute (MCCTI), in partnership with Holyoke Community College and Springfield Technical Community College
MGM Resorts International is honored when organizations recognize our Company’s efforts in diversity, philanthropy and environmental sustainability. We believe that these awards and certifications demonstrate our commitment to the environment and our future generations.
America's Top Corporation for WBEs - Since 2014 (Women's Business Enterprise National Council)
Million Dollar Club -Since 2009 (United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce)
BEQ Pride LGBTQ Business Equality Index Award